Hello to the -4 people that might have ever read this! Fresh from re-reading the hit Julie & Julia, I've decided to write again. I do say this every so often, but this time I've put reminders in my ical to 'force' me to write.
I have moved to Boston after dropping the Masters program at Oberlin, and deciding to take some time off. After a somewhat frustrating start-up period I have finally secured two jobs here in town, 1- at the Flour Bakery as a barista/sandwich cook/general bitch and 2 - at Burdick Chocolates as their Pastry Cook. It seems rather curious that post music school, BOTH of my new jobs are in a food related fields. I'd like to believe that this is a divine signal telling me that I should stick with cooking/baking as a career path... but I'll hold off on drawing conclusions just now.
I'm rereading a wonderful book right now, Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. Its about a bunch of things (most of which I'm not smart enough to talk about or understand...haha) but its sort of a coming of age story, intertwined with the story of the protagonists grandparents coming to America. I know this might not be the best description, but trust me on this one... this is one of the most poetic, rhapsodic and just wonderfully grand stories that I have ever read. Sort of like a large Steinbeck work, it weaves in and out through the two stories with cultural and scientific musings of the time (the main character is an intersexed person that at age 14 transforms from Callie, a girl - to Cal a boy - and subject to many tests and articles). I'm not very good with words, but I'm very excited to finish it again. You all should read it too. It might be a long book, but its quite rewarding.
Now I think I need to do laundry.
Also, I think I like cats now. I never thought this day would come, but George the cat that I'm living with is just too cute. Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment