I hate myself for eating a little too much thus lowering my ability/desire to move. I am as a result sitting here on the couch unable to leave the room from the horrible episode of Toddlers and Tiaras. This is just an awful awful show.
I really don't understand why people make their children prostitute themselves on a stage like that... I realize that a lot of these mothers were former pageant people themselves and its really sad that they are trying to live out their failed dreams through their children. There is one mother who is putting her 7 year old twins against each other - one of which absolutely hates pageants and competing against her sister, and there is another mom who is putting her 2 WEEK old baby in some freak baby category.
Maybe, I'm not from the south and don't understand the pageant mystique. Maybe, I just think that kids should actually have a childhood, playing with others and having fun rather than being whored out by their parents. I really don't know. I guess my yankee sensibilities don't jive with all this stuff... Ugh. Whatever. I guess I'm not meant to understand.
On the upside to this evening, the gazpacho I had from Flour was really tasty. If you're in Boston, you should come in and get some.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment